Swaddle your baby safely and effectively with a Woombie, an easy swaddle for babies with startle reflex and who are in need of a cozy yet gentle confinement.
The Woombie encourages baby to softly stretch extremities as needed, just like in the womb. It comforts, softly confines arms & gently compresses baby's unique curves to hug baby... preventing startling issues, face scratching, overheating and also preventing loose unravelled blankets from covering baby's face.
The Woombie is a unique peanut shaped zip-up swaddle with four way stretch cotton/spandex fabric that hugs the shape of your baby, imitating the womb.
- Soft cotton fabric gently hugs baby
- Great peanut shaped ergonomic design - hugs the shoulders/arms, waist/abdomen, hips and feet.
- Baby feels secure, not confined, easing transition from womb to world.
- Follows Paediatrician & S.I.D.S guidelines
- Maintains airflow to prevent baby overheating
- No loose blankets unravelling and covering airways
- Prevents face scratching & keeps baby’s hands away from face and dummy/pacifier
- Encourages back sleeping
- Prevents unnecessary waking due to the startle reflex
- Soothes babies with colic
- Will not come undone
- Promotes natural motor development by allowing baby to stretch
- Effective swaddling without the need to tightly restrain baby, which can interfere with important motor skill development
- Easy to use, just zip it up – all Woombies have a two-way zipper for easier nappy changes
Original Woombie - perfect stretch with snap closure - check drop-down box for current colour/size availability.
It is important for the effectiveness of the Woombie to choose the right size for your baby.
Choosing a larger size for your baby to grow in to may result in too much room/stretch, which can cause too much movement and may lead to a less effective swaddle.
If your baby is at the end or the beginning of the Woombie sizing, it is advisable to go with the smaller size.
The Woombie is made with a four way stretch fabric which allows baby to stretch like in the womb. When baby stretches their legs from a bent leg position, the peanut shape hugs baby's unique physique (around shoulders and hips) while maintaining a gentle swaddle.
Guide to Sizing:
Premmie 1.4 - 2.7kg (available in Organic only - see separate product page)
Newborn 2.5 - 6.0kg
Big Baby 6.5 - 9.0kg
Mega Baby 11 + kg
Sizing may vary between styles, for example the Original Woombie – has an extra long length and the Leggies – has a long leg length.
Note: The Length of the baby does not determine the size of the Woombie you should use, as the Woombie is sized on the stretched width and not the length.
The garment’s visual size is not an indication that baby will fit or not, as Woombies are designed to be smaller than the baby.
Woombies are made of 95% cotton/5% spandex, exclusive of decoration. Machine wash warm, line or air dry – do not use bleach/use bleach alternative.
(Due to the spandex in the garment, it is recommended that the Woombie be washed in a laundry/wash bag)
The Woombie is made of cotton and spandex, so it is designed to stretch. Frequent washing (every couple of days) will bring the Woombie back to its original shape, less frequent washing may cause overstretching and may lead to less effectiveness.
Tips for swaddling and usage of the Woombie
- Babies need time to get used to a new swaddling method, if baby has been in a tight restraint swaddle from birth, he/she may be confused by the change and need time to adapt.
- It is recommended that the Woombie is used for both day and night sleeps, it will give your baby a sleep routine and lead to effective sleep patterns.
- If there are a few extra centimetres at the foot end, it is recommended for added snugness and effectiveness that you tie the toe area with a ribbon or small sash
to decrease the overall length.
The best time to swaddle a baby is when he/she is calm, waiting until baby is over-tired and already fussy may make them feel worse and unable to settle.